I am a software engineer specializing in distributed systems and job scheduling. I am passionate about learning and making the world a better place.
Ph.D. in Computer Science
University of Delaware, 2018
M.S. in Computer Science
University of Delaware, 2016
B.S. in Computer Science
University of Delaware, 2014
Self-Driving Cars Specialization
2022 - Present
2018 - 2022
- Flux: developed features, supported users, and readied code for future Exascale system - El Capitan
- HPC+Cloud: PI of $175K project to find gaps in LLNL’s converged computing capabilities
- Exaworks: created a portable, performant, and hardened workflow SDK
- ZFP: developed python bindings for this LLNL compression library
2012 - 2018
- 2014-2018: Created next-generation I/O-aware and hierarchical job schedulers for HPC clusters utilizing the Flux resource manager.
- 2014: Developed a suite of tools to profile, auto-tune, and optimize applications developed with the parallel I/O library ADIOS.
- 2013: Integrated in-transit analysis and staging into the scientific application QMCPack to improve I/O performance and scalability.
- 2012: Developed a crowdsourcing web application, ExSciTecH, to complement the volunteer computing project Docking@Home.
- 2017: Integrated my hierarchical scheduler with the Uncertainty Quantification Pipeline (UQP), resulting in a 37% improvement in workload runtime
- 2016: Added dynamicity to my hierarchical scheduler to eliminate resource fragmentation
- 2015: Developed an automatic job aggregator and hierarchical scheduler, resulting in a 4x speed up over the existing scheduler
- 2014: Developed a discrete-event simulator for the next-generation resource manager, Flux
- Optimized VolpexMPI library for use on large-scale clusters.